Saturday, January 21, 2012

Class of 2010.

We had our convocation yesterday. 20th Jan is a day I will never in my life forget. The new V.C. went all out for the celebration and hosted an amazing lunch. I swear to God, I had never felt this happy or proud of my university in the past 7 years as much as I did yesterday.

See, when I was in my previous university things were a little like this:

Random Aunty
"Beta school kaunsa tha?"

"LGS".

"HAYE MASHALLAH. O LAVAL?"

"Nahi aunty, matric kia hai".

*opinion of me sinks a little*

Disappointed smile "Oh. Acha. Uss ke baad to A LAVAL kiya ho ga na?"

"Jee nai aunty, Inter kia tha".

*opinion sinks even lower*

"Inter? Tch tch tch... KC se beta?"

Here we go. "LC se aunty".

*jaw drops, eyes bulge, horrified stare ensues*

"Ab LUMS mein ho? LSE? KC? etc etc" hopeful smile

"NAHI AUNTY ABHI BHI LAHORE KAALIJ FAR VEEMIN UNIVERSITY MEIN HUN".

She refuses to talk to me after that. Since I was now equal to the dirt beneath her feet. Mehehe.

On a more serious note, yeah we were sometimes embarrassed about where we came from because things actually were that bad there. I will never in my life say that the 6 years I spent in LC were good. There were good moments, yes but those were few and far between.


But the send off we got... I shall always remember this day. One of the best-est of best days.


9 comments:

Maryam A. said...

Congratulations! :D

Curl Jung said...

Congratulations! :D

Laterally Moved. said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you're so happy, a final send off is the best memory that remains. I can't wait for mine :)

Lioness Without A Pride said...

YOU LOOK SO CUTE. Congratulations! Party! Burn ALL the books! Or, better, give them to charity!

Roshni said...

conGRADulations! yaaaayness.

Lioness Without A Pride said...

^ pun. Awesome. :D

Khadeeja said...

haye i can relate to you, did my inter from LC after O levels. ;)

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Congratulations!

I am so happy for you.Best of luck for future.

Just found your blog .Following it.
Follow back.

Deviation said...

Congratulations.