Sunday, April 15, 2012

Control.

Research. Is the bane of my life. The poison to my existence. It... No, I don't have words to describe it. I hate it. I can't do it. Stop looking at me that way, I'm not whining about how it's too much work. That's not what I mean. I'm prepared to work; hell, I've worked my ass off for the past couple of years. This neglected blog is proof of that. So, now that we've established I don't mind working.. I do mind not KNOWING how to work. See, I can do whatever task I've been set if I have even the vaguest idea of how to go about it. Not so with my thesis, oh NO. I'm apparently supposed to be developing a scale and I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THAT. Yes fine, my supervisor is there but ultimately I have to do everything, right? How do I do it when I don't even know what to do? I'm in panic mode most of the time because of this tension. I'm the kind of person who is not prone to anxiety, no matter what. I THRIVE on challenges and pressure but this... I don't know. It may sound like I'm making too much out of something that's pretty casual but I'm just not used to not being in control. 

8 comments:

A. said...

Chal, koi nahi. Sutta mar,botal pi. Aesa thesis hoga na phir kay dunia parhaygi

Maryam said...

Bus issi baat ka to darr hai mujhe.

Dawson said...

HAAAAI.
How ARE you?
I'm assuming by this post, not so good.
BUT. BUT.
I agree with A.
I wish there was a like button for her comment.
It'll be over soon? Aur acha hoga!
Ankhein bund karke likh lo bas :P

Farhan Jalil said...

I am writing my Mphil thesis these days and i can completely understand your frustration. I too don't know a lot of things on how to go about it but you have to do things block by block. You say you have issue's making a scale then find those people who know how to make a scale or just google it. Meet other faculty members for assistance. Read other people's thesis.
Quitters never win, winners never quit

Jaded said...

What sort of scale do you need to develop? Using a questionnaire or interview format? The most common scale for psychometric studies is the Likert scale, 5 point or 7 point and would be used with a standard close ended questionnaire.

Lioness Without A Pride said...

You sound super stressed.
Sorry for stating the obvious.
But I don't know how to help!
I agree with FarhanJ. Ask and ye shalt receive, etc etc. Hope you get through this, too. Just think, after this, all the time in the world to do futografee!

Z. said...

Shukar! We don't havta do any researches like that.

Kinza Ahmed said...

I sympathize with you on the whole, but connected to the very last sentence. So not used to taking pressure and control of things, just cant do it especially when Im confused about it. If someone would only initiate things and then let me handle stuff from there, Id be very content.