Monday, February 22, 2016

Light Up

I've been thinking of starting this online counseling/ advice sort of thing with friends for general life issues. Anonymous, of course. Keep in mind, my friends and I are all licensed psychologists so it's not just for the lols.

Like I keep telling my kids at the school I work in, visiting a mental health professional isn't only for severe mental issues. It could be anything, even if it's as small as needing a time out and a place to de-stress. Everyone needs help, at some point or the other. No harm in asking for it when you just don't know how to deal with life.

Studying issues, relationships, being a parent, dealing with parents, personal problems - you name it, we've all been there. I know I would have really liked it if I could reach out and ask someone about a problem in a JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE, ffs. I think everyone needs that.

Just thinking out loud, for now. 

4 comments:

Simki said...

I've always wanted to do this..
:)

Anonymous said...

Would you mind counselling me, Maryam? I'm in shambles, but I want to get out.
P.S. I hope I don't creep you out. I remember your blog from old times, when I used to blog under 'Sunkee (Outlandish, previously) Ann'. Just came across yours again today, coincidentally. Or not so coincidentally may be, I was just checking up on the older blogs I used to visit once upon a time. =) Anyhow. I'm blabbing, that too in a post-script. Lol. Have a good day!

Just another girl. said...

OMG can you please make this happen? I am in DIRE need of counselling before my overthinking tendencies and insomnia cause my death..

Maryam said...

@Simki: Do it with me if I ever set this up.

@nnum: Hello! I wouldn't mind at all and I'm honestly so glad to hear from you, not creeped out at all =) Blab more!

@Just another girl: I really hope to make this happen. Feel free to pick my brain, even if I can't do this! Would love to hear from you.