Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Istanbul, Turkey: Chapter 1


At the risk of sounding self important, obnoxious and all manner of other unflattering adjectives, I decided to record my Turkey trip here. At best, it'll help you plan for your own trip, maybe have a little fun seeing where I went, what I experienced, when disaster struck and when I was absolutely stunned by the sheer beauty of Turkey, no matter where I went. At worst... who cares, don't read ahead.

So, my trip was around 11 days: 5 flights, 5 airports, 4 hotels, countless metro bus/train/tram travels. The larger chunk was spent in Istanbul - even 6 days wasn't enough to explore the city, we saw only the barest slice. I could spend a year here and not get sick of it. The rest of our days were divided between Izmir, Kayseri and then the last day and night back in Istanbul before heading home.

I went with my siblings and our parents joined us there. For those of you thinking I'm about to describe a trippy friends vacation, sorry to disappoint. I'll upload pictures, try and remember where I went and what I ate but I'm telling you honestly, this whole series is filled with bias, it is not a complete depiction of Turkey and/or any city I'll describe. The little I saw, I'll share with you.

I'll start with the 5 days we spent exploring Istanbul so if you're planning to go, feel free to read, leave comments, throw food at your screen and jeeringly yell bullshit made-up swear words. I might even join you.

- Until next time. 

3 comments:

ancienthydra said...

THIS IS NOT CHAPTER 1!
This is "TEASE" or at best, "PRELUDE".

That said, I do want to see/read this. Turkey looks too pretty to be wasted on a trippy friends vacay, anyways.

Maryam said...

@ancienthydra: THAT IS MY CHAPTER 1. Did you really expect me to blog about my trip in detail after one day back, NOT TO MENTION THE PICTURES?!?!?! No actually, it works out because we started exploring on day 2 hehehe.

ancienthydra said...

This chapter makes sense now. Other readers, basically read chapters 1 and 2 together, because reasons.