Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some Love, Some Sunshine.


She sat at the kitchen table, her chin cupped in her hands, staring out at the tiny patch of grass and flowers and weeds she called ‘her garden’. Her eyes had a soft, liquid, dreamy look about them. She sighed a little, smiled a little. He perched on the edge of her chair, not an easy task, and slid his arms around her, resting his chin on her shoulder.

What are you thinking?” He whispered, his lips close to her ear, so she could feel his warm breath.

She smiled wistfully and leaning back, rested her head on his shoulder.

You know what I’d love to do right now?” Her speech was slow, languid, dreamy, drifting.

What, baby?”

“I want to have a bigger garden, where I’d spread out a sweet-smelling blanket, and lie down on it with you. We’d have sunlight falling over ourselves, highlighting us – you and me. I’d trace your eyelashes with the tip of my finger; trail my fingers through your hair, over your face, memorizing each feature by touch. I’d talk to you about everything and nothing and everything else. I’d rest my forehead on yours and smile at you, look at your eyes and mouth smiling back at me, full of love. For me. Me. I’d love you forever and ever and ever until you were me and I was you and my whole world would be a burnished glow of gold.”

4 comments:

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Aww.. thts sweet... Nicely written...

Americanising Desi said...

whooooshhhhh!!!

Anonymous said...

I have seen this picture, a long long time ago.

Reckless Abandon!

Anushay. said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww <3