Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why Can't It Be This Way?

Scene 1:
Maryam has been sitting holed up in her room, studying for her toughest exam yet. She doesn't care about food, sleep or showering (ew?), she doesn't go online, she's ditched all her friends, she's boycotted her family., all she wants to do is study, study, study so she can ace her exam and score one of the highest averages in the class!

Scene 2:
Maryam thinks about studying and goes like 'yeah, whatever' for her toughest exam yet. She looks up at the ceiling, doodles stuff here and there, blogs, checks Facebook and Hotmail 2345777 times a day, cooks and cleans and calls and messages her friends. She plays Restaurant City and Sorority Life and FB messages friends she hasn't spoken to in a while. She tries random experiments in her kitchen, stares at her mobile, twiddles her thumbs and whistles. She has chaye, chaye and more chaye and stares up at the ceiling some more. Oh wait, but she has an exam! *insert gasp* Oh, Lord, she should be studying! *insert collective gasp* And still she says, with such grace and eloquence 'yeah, whatever'.

How I WISH Scene 1 were the case, and not Scene 2.

8 comments:

Ally said...

I feel like I am the one who wrote it all =p This truly depicts me.

Xeb said...

Hahah! Welcome to the real world! :P

Natasha said...

Lol, your blog is fun and original. I really like the way you write =]

MagicalMe said...

LOL at Scene 2. Hahahahahha.=P

Good luck to Maryam for her toughest paper yet. =)

Americanising Desi said...

oh yes Goodluck to Maryam :)

Ubaid said...

scene 2 rocks :D

*sings weird songs while reading the post* :p

Anonymous said...

hahaha scene 1 ? are u kidding me? who wud be nuts to enact scene 1 :p

Rahul Jain said...

Well, with me scene 2 is quite common, I'm sort of addicted to fail in tests.

You won't believe I got 80% in this sem, all my friends reaction was 'Fuck'(With their eyebrows raised in shock), even I guess there definitely something wrong with me.. How could a freakin' guy like me get 80.. oh my god..