Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chasm.

He understood loneliness.
The way it ate up his insides.
The way it gnawed away at everything in his mind and heart.
He knew the great, black, gaping, yawning chasm.
The open mouthed cave of dense darkness that swallowed him up every now and then.
He drifted with it, knowing there's no escape.
Smiled a little, accepting that this was who he was.
This was a part of him.
The nagging, throbbing pain in his heart.
He shook his head, laughed a bit. He knew his heart couldn't hurt, but it felt like it did. It could. It was.
He lifted his head, gazed out at the deep, dark water in front of him.
Still.
Calm.
Dark.
The way he was, inside.
The cold numbness that drowned out any warmth. All light.

All night.

15 comments:

you-know-who said...

Write more. Or write a book. Or give me writing lessons? :D
you're too good.

Roshni said...

you wrote that yourself? neat!

Maryam said...

I-Know-You: I'm not that good, but thank you!

Roshni: LOL, yes I wrote that myself =P

Amna Siddiqui said...

Heavy stuff!

Abdullah Tariq said...

Nahin likha aap nay yeh!

Aabi said...

Deep.
Loved it!

Ovais said...

Why do I get the feeling that you write poems and that you're upset right now?

Furree Katt said...

wow. :O

you-know-who said...

HAYE omg you know me? :D
and pliss dont underestimate yourself. you're beyond 'that good' :D

Lioness Without A Pride said...

I DEMAND THAT THE TAGS 'crap' AND 'idiocy' BE REMOVED FROM THIS POST

Maryam said...

Amna: Troo. Exams ka asar!

Ugly: Jee, aap he se to likhwaya tha.

Aabi: Thank you!

Ovais: I've never written poetry. I hate poetry. I don't get it =P. But yeah, I was a bit upset =)

FK: YOU.

I-think-I-Know-You: THANK you. You guys boost up me ego <3

LWAP: You ALWAYS make me feel awesome. I love you <3 And no. The tags stay -_-

Lioness Without A Pride said...

"He shook his head, laughed a bit. He knew his heart couldn't hurt, but it felt like it did."

WTH. HOW COULD SUCH AWESOMENESS EXIST. AND THE ENDING IS SO PERFECT. I CAN *FEEL* THIS, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING? THIS IS *PALPABLE*.

Anonymous said...

it felt like i had ryten it :D beautifull :>

Deviation said...

The last rhyme is so perfect.

P.S: Sometimes you inspire me.

Qurat Zafar said...

The cold numbness drowned out all light. Perfect.