Monday, July 25, 2011

Smaller.

Grade 1 to Grade 10 (I was scared of ammi).

Mama: Paper kaisa hua?

Maryam: Um. Acha?

Mama: Acha ke boht acha?

Maryam: ... Boht acha?

Mama: Kitne percent?

Maryam: BYEMOMGOTTAGO.

Intermediate to Bachelors (I decided to try honesty and see if my parents still loved me after).

Mama: Exam kaisa kar ke ai?

Maryam: Acha nai hua.

Mama: KYUN NAI? KAHA THA NA PARH LO? KHYAAL NAI HAI? BUS KAR DO APNI BOOKS PARHNA DOSRI WALI AUR COLLEGE KI PARHAI PE DEHAAN DO!

Maryam: Jee. Acha, jee.

*mama prays and prays and prays for her daughter's stupidity and loser-ish characteristics to transform into genius and brilliance*

So obviously, being honest wasn't exactly a good option after that scene.

University - M.S.

Mama: Paper kaisa hua?

Maryam: Yar ammi, aap ne phir tension le leni hain kyun puchti hain?

Mama: Matlab acha nai hua.

Maryam: Ab meine ye be nai kaha.

Mama: To phir acha hua?

Maryam: AMMI. What does it matter? I'll just tell you acha hua because obviously mein to acha he kar ke ati hun apni taraf se, agay ab teachers janay.

*silence*

Mama: Dekha. Mujhe pata tha nai acha hua. Kyun join kia Photography Club? Kya zarurat pari thi NAGS mein janay ki? Degree zyada zaruri thi ki tasweerein lena?

Maryam: ... yaar.

14 comments:

Amna Siddiqui said...

Haye. Happens :)

Curl Jung said...

MOMS ARE THE SAME ALL AROUND THE GLOBE!

Haha, I did/do the same wit my mom. i tried to be honest at times, same result.

WHY DO MOMS HAVE TO ATTACK OUR FAVORITE HOBBY? :@

Maryam A. said...

HAHAHA! She is so like Pakistani Ammaaas. Y'know, the kind of best mums ever. (If it makes sense..but yea you get the point right).

Tauqeer said...

Koi baat nahi, hota hai.

Furree Katt said...

hahahah awwww.
agreeing with Hamza and Maryam A!

Mehwisky said...

Haha!
Pakistani ama's are a specie of their own.

AcetylCholine said...

Meri amma ko meray har exam ke baad facebook par ghusa anaa lazmi hai.

Ovais said...

I have no idea what to say.

Honestly.

Thora parh lo? :o

Maryam said...

Amna: Unfortunately, very often =P

Hamza: Cause they're moms.

Maryam A: Yes. She is Mashallah the bestest mama.

Tauqeer: Sahi farmaya.

FK: <3

Mehwisky: And thank God for that.

AC: Exam ke baad na? Mein subha sham ye sab kuch sunti hun, exam or no exam -___-

Ovais: Why? =P

Tazeen said...

HAHA! So sorry for you. But I'm grinning right now because this never happens with me. :D

Gosh. I didn't know I was mean.

Hahaha! This was good!

Maryam said...

Tazeen, that's not mean I'd have done the same if I weren't actually going through it, either =P. At least it made you laugh =D

CRD said...

Why on earth did that sound like my mom?.....and dad? :P

Desi Parents, I tell you :P

Cheers
CRD
Blogrolling you

Do visit mine
www.scriptedinsanity.blogspot.com

Eddie said...

haha.... moms are the cutest :D.... I usually get away with "ACHA" howa .... and then when the result comes out .... the damn teachers want ratta ..... talent ki to qadar hi nahin hai keh kay bach jao :P she starts praying that the education system gets better :P hahaha

Gone are the days though ... last time that happened was in 2005 ... *sigh*

eva626 said...

LOL LOL LOL

u and ur mom are hilarious!!!