Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Little More

Here's what happened 5 mins after reaching the hotel in Dubai:

Husband: What's with the face? Kya hua?
Me: Nothing.
I know it's something. Tell me.
WHAT IF WE'RE BORED AND ANNOYED AND DON'T GET ALONG AND IT'S AWFUL AND HORRIBLE AND THE WHOLE TRIP SUCKS?!
-pause-

H: ... what if it doesn't suck?

That was us pretty much every day. Me, the mental patient. Him, the calm rational person telling me it's okay.

After that, things actually settled quite a bit and we managed to have a blast. Meeting friends often helped a lot. Things are easier in a crowd, and the pressure's off to be the one always talking, laughing, making interesting conversation (lol), etc. Also, shisha. I mean... soul food. Or smoke.

He really surprises me sometimes though. I mean that in a good way. In the 'I can't believe someone can genuinely be this nice' way. I thought I was the nicest person I knew. He has me beat by 500 levels. Kind of a strange feeling to be the idiot in the relationship but I'm okay with it, hehe. 

Back to work today for him, visiting family and friends for me. Little cousin who was 5 just a couple years ago is now suddenly an A level graduate and I'm helping her get ready for her farewell tonight. And then on Thursday, back to the original home. Yay!

2 comments:

Lioness Without A Pride said...

Oh my god I love this post and you and your husband so much touch-wood and God bless you guys SO VERY MUCH <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I LOVE YOU MARYAM AND I'M SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryam said...

I AM OVERWHELMED WITH LOVE FOR YOU