Thursday, April 5, 2018

The Adjustment Period

Sounds like the title of a sad, conflicted book. Not far off the mark, waise.

For a couple days now (because of a friend's comment), I've genuinely been considering taking anti anxiety meds just to take the edge off. I know it's a stupid idea right now because after every major change, you have to wait at least 2 months before you can start telling yourself you have a problem that requires medication to fix.

That's the adjustment period. The two months. Two months of limbo where everything is uncertain and strange and feels alien. That's supposed to be normal because the threshold for acceptance of all things new and weird is supposed to be 2 months. At least.

It's only been 13 days for me, so like I said - stupid idea to even consider taking meds, even OTC meds.

Everyone else is telling me to take my time, these things don't happen overnight, it's scary and anxiety inducing for everyone, just give it time, time, time.

I have always been so bad at that. I have zero patience when it comes to fixing my own issues, which is really dumb when you're a psychologist. Okay, maybe not so dumb. Maybe this is what all of us do. Is it? Anyone?

Khair. I'm usually great at rambling and whining, and what better place to do both than here, my crazy ass blog since '09? Good God, it's been 8 years. Just counted and it struck me. That's a long, long time to be whining and ranting and rambling and generally being an idiot.

For those of you who know me and will be concerned after this creepy, depressing post - I'm not unhappy, lol. Just weirded out and finding it difficult to adjust without the family and support system. It's strange, that's all.

I really want those pills tho. Just to have fun for the next few days because trip, yay.

No comments: