Sunday, October 31, 2010

Monday, November 1st.

So.

Tomorrow we start the real work. We go to special education schools and work with the kids there. ACTUAL work. Not just tests and interviews but therapy sessions. We don't even know HOW to apply the incredibly complicated therapies =/

Frankly, this is scaring the shit out of me. I know, I know. I'm not supposed to say that. I'm just afraid I
a) Won't be able to help them or
b) Might (God forbid) hurt them even worse.

I really, really hope I get the hang of it soon. Because this isn't about passing and failing your semester. This is about some child's entire life and the effect you'll leave on it. Or I'll leave on it. I don't know how to explain exactly what I need to say and I know I sound stupid.

Just pray for the best. Okay? Thanks.

3 comments:

Lioness Without A Pride said...

I'm praying.
Also, I can't help but point out the obvious -- isn't the very fact that you're reaching out to him/her going to make him/her feel much better? I don't think your exertions are going to be unfruitful; I don't think they're going to be harmful either. I suppose it is hard for you to draw confidence from within in times like this cuz your self-doubt kind of cancels out whatever little confidence you have in the first place, but I just want you to know that you're going to do well. You're not some rookie. You're a GRADUATE in Psychology. You now it all in theory now. Just pray and go with a calm mind. *I'm* praying.
*smiles*

Roshni said...

you'll do fine..be confident in your capabilities. =p Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you. Nothing can stop you till the time you believe in yourself.