Sunday, April 19, 2009

So, I'm a Cynic.

Sid, while telling me about this INCREDIBLY romantic ( read sappy) poem that she was doing with her Literature class,

"...and M was going all 'awwww' about every 2 minutes. I seriously thought she was going to cry but she kept giving these...sappy smiles. The poem was so, so, SO...I have no other word for it.. SAPPY! It was horrible."

Then, she proceeds to tell me the story which makes my mouth drop open. I understood why she felt so revolted, since it was about the MUSHIEST thing anyone could ever have written, and I do NOT mean that in a good way. She was going on about the horror she had to suffer through (yeah, we tend to exaggerate), and then:

Me: That was you. Imagine what it would have been like for ME. Compared to me you're...sappy!

Sid: *pause* you know, you're right. You'd have shuddered with loathing and dislike in your every pore, torn up the poem in bits and pieces, balled it up, thrown it in front of the class and stomped out of the room. Everybody would have been staring at you and thinking, *what's with HER?!*

Me: *stares* I'm not that bad.

Sid: *snorts with laughter* yeah RIGHT you're not. You're the biggest cynic I have EVER met.

Me: *silence*



...my brother just wandered in, wearing Axe:Shock. 
lol.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so the stupid thing works.. O_o
no wonder!!!

Maryam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anushay. said...

The Axe Effect <3

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! had no idea haha *laughing hysterically*

Daanish said...

nice narrative...lol.

Maryam said...

Anon: Er. No, its not like they show it in the ads =|

Daanish: Lol, thankyou.

Anonymous said...

so i wear axe today, and it starts to rain..
definitely a connection there ^^

Sidra said...

Hahaha! I need to make M read this =p

Anonymous said...

You? Cynic?
NOT happening. =\