Thursday, May 7, 2009

Alfalah.







I miss bank. I really, really miss it. I miss the constant deadlines, the get-the-client-satisfaction-or-you-die atmosphere, I miss being worked like a slave (literally).







I miss lusting after this car in the bank's parking lot, every morning:
I miss sneaking out when we screwed up and were supposed to skip lunch:

Yep, we did the sneaking in rickshaws =)








I miss the constant fights over Noor Bhai's yummy coffees in the kitchen, where we all hid from the seniors (read merciless slave-drivers), till we were sort of banned unless we kept our mouths shut. Oh, and the constant bitching =P





I miss all the Biryani Express and Copper Kettle and Nando's and sastay naan chanay/haleem. I REALLY miss the after-work hours, those were AWESOME:




















And most of all, leaving poor incompetent S to manage the front desk while we sat at Sonia's desk and swigged Cola's (bought with Baby Giant's money, ofcourse =D)








Tons of other missable things but these were some of the most nostalgic. <3

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. Nostalgic posts always make me wanna hug something.
*moves towards you with a maniacal smile reminiscent of the gone cousin*

Anonymous said...

don't worry Alfalah is having a workshop/recruitment day this sunday at PC, mall road :) any idea what they are looking for in a potential employee?

Anushay. said...

*giggles*
Guess why?(A)

Maryam said...

Marina: She's still here, woman.

Anon: LOL whatever you have won't be good enough, they'll ALWAYS criticize and have major bisti-sessions. Oh its a major drawback if you talk too much. They HATE that. Don't talk too much.

Anushay: *thinks* *screws up face and thinks more* nai pata.

Maryam said...

Um. LOL, okay then.

Senilius said...

Once you get used to a place and start having fun, you tend to ignore the bad points. I remember my old office too. :)