Sunday, May 24, 2009

Long Time, Eh?

Wow. I've never had this much of a gap between my posts. Ah well. I'm incredibly busy, and strangely enough, I'm not satisfied. I'm not happy with it, even though I hate sitting idle. I don't know why this is, its just weird that this ennui won't go away. No matter how busy, or how not busy I am. 

Other than that, life's pretty good. We're giving the titles to our seniors pasted on wine bottles, and yes, it caused a major fiasco in our department. Imagine: A girl with a dupatta on her head at all times, full-sleeved clothing, achi/shareef bachi (yes, this was the general consensus, not specifically mine =P) and carrying wine bottles, stinking of alcohol. I was going to the bathroom to wash the labels and stink off, when suddenly the whole Islamiyat Department teachers made this semi-circle around my friend and I. The bathroom is just about three feet away from the Islamiyat Deptt.

"Ye aap kya kar rahi hain?!" A huge woman, covered with a black burqa, glaring and literally shaking with fury. 

Me: "Er... bottles dhonay ja rai hun?" 

Teacher: "AAP NE KYA KARNA HAI IN HARAAM CHEEZON KA?! SHARAM NAI ATI?!"

Me *shaking with suppressed laughter*: "Its for the party we're throwing."

Teacher *horror making her eyes bug out*: "VAAAT??!!! MATLAB KYA HAI AAP KA?!"

*all other teachers gasp and make muttering noises that sound suspiciously like 'Astaghfirullah'*

Me, realizing that she thought I intended to pass out wine to drink, could barely control the urge to burst out laughing. I explained to her what I intended and she stared at me suspiciously till I offered to scrub off the bottle in front of her. 

Teacher *more glares*: "Jayen yahan se."

And then the bathroom ki safai wali banned us from the bathroom. 

Khair. All the bottles are half-way done and they look really hot. Will upload pictures soon. Pray that it goes exactly as planned, and no attention-grabbing, dominating, superiority-complex wali class-mates spoil all the hard work. 

Mujhe aisay karna hai:
  

12 comments:

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Lol..The story with the islamiyat teacher was funny.... Really funny.. I was laughing when reading it... The wine bottle idea is nice.. Though we gave titles by spray painting Cannes which was cool... But we gave the MR and MRs there titles written on wine glasses.. You should do the same.... And i wana do the same thing as the animation...

Anonymous said...

is it me or the head banging gets slower the more you look at it?

Maryam said...

Lonely, wineglasses = bad idea. People in my class suggested it, but they break too easily and they're way more expensive than the bottles.

Anon, its just you =D

Ubaid said...

which bottles you using ??

i love the ABSOLUT KURRANT bottle waisey katoos ki bhi achi hai ....

and thank God aaj mosam acha tha !!

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Not the regular glasses.. The really big ones.. Got them cheap.. @ for 150 Rs.. Khair.. if u think its bad then fine..
Also we gave our series a souvenir.. It was a chain and ring.. With a their class name engraved on the ring like the Class of 09...

Anonymous said...

wow reading all this makes me wonder, was our class really dumb or were they trying to earn some money cuz we got a friggin wooden plank with a sticker ON IT.. FFSSSS thats what u get for spending almost 3 lacs a year.pfft i am jealousss

Majaz said...

lol.

Islamiat teachers are funny. We had one who used to give fatwas. Within her lectures. She also told us fascinating stories. Like internet nikaahs and just how najaiz they were.

gone! said...

Your teachers are pretty weird, i must say! It should have been so obvious to them that your intentions weren't bad.

Maryam said...

Majaz, HAHA they're really funny!

Bitter Truth, Lol, no actually, their problem is that I'm from the psychology deptt. and they HATE psych ke log with a vengeance. Suchi. Isliye they thought my intentions were... not very nice.

Opinionated Jaahil said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. WHATTAY. =P

Maryam said...

Jaahil. <3

Anonymous said...

Haha. Cool idea. =D