Thursday, August 20, 2009

20-08-09

Friends? What are those?

People who ply the air around your cheeks with muah-muahs and tell you "OMG its so good to see you!!!"? Yes, with all the exclamation marks apparent in their oh-so-excited voices.

Or the ones who tell you they love you, they'll always be here for you and NEVER, EVER reply to your texts or calls. Yeah, I see what you mean. Being there. Sure.

Or the ones for whom you have done and will do anything but disappear when you need the same support?

Or the ones who just don't give a fuck, they can't be bothered.

Take your pick. They're pretty much all like that.

No, I am not ranting. This is my experience. Sad, I know. But true.

I do not want 'cheer-up, khair hai, sab theek ho jaye ga, buck up, every thing's gonna be fine' NO IT IS EFFING NOT GONNA BE FINE.

Things aren't ever fine, why hold out on false hope? Waste of time, I think.

Wanna know something?

It could be you I'm talking about. Think about that.

10 comments:

Ubaid said...

Loved this post, nice to see some one realistic.... And *sigh* people call us pessimistic....

And well you have wrote about one more type naah.... The ones which are actually there for you... The ones which secretly love you and they are always there when they are needed ok not always but you know you can count on them.... Not all fingers are of the same size :)

Maryam said...

Off the top of my head, Ubaid, sadly I can't recall anyone. Nobody who's done that. Not. One. Person. So I don't care if I'm labelled pessimistic. I don't want these people.

Ubaid said...

ohh.... well i guess i can say, that i have one person who i know would be always there for me....

and well, maryam i did learn that everyone disappoints thats why i keep on yelling that we are the best friends of our own self... the only thing which would always remain is ME, myself and I .... atleast we can't break our own self the way others do!!

Aly said...

i am not sure, i certainly know people/friends willing to do any thing for me. So i guess you haven't met someone who fits that definition.

Or have you pondered, the fault might actually lie with you. Think about that.

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Its actually kinda sad that u dont have those kind of friends...

I'll be there for u if u let me... And no im definitely not a creep or a stalker..ok maybe a pervert but that varies from person to person.. Anyways.. message me anytime if u wana chat...

Americanising Desi said...

i have secluded myself from friends!

just because of what you said above!

i rest my case!

SAMMb said...

wow... friends-friendship-and-such seems to be the popular topic of the week... heh i like the way you ended the post :P

my take on the matter: http://floatingbulbs.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-dont-know-how-to-hold-grudge.html

batty said...

wow - ouch
well - the answer is to rely on urself and channel ur emotions towards positivity.
good luck

Maryam said...

Ali, if you read stuff that people have written and say about me, I'd come across as a person whom you'd love to have as a friend. Frankly, I KNOW Im a good friend. Im a better than good friend. But I've never been on the recieving end. I do not think the fault lies with me, and this isn't arrogance. Its plain fact. Think. About THAT. So maybe, I haven't met people who'd want to be friends in the literal sense of the word.

Anonymous said...

Karma.

-shrugs-