Saturday, August 8, 2009

Of Beghairti And Bubble-Gum.

Totally out of the blue:

A: Maryam, WHY are women so beghairat now a days?

Me: ... Because they can. Nobody stops them. Why?

A: Its like its getting worse day by day. I swear... Maybe I'm just really old-fashioned. Forget about 'no-one', where are the parents and brothers?

Me: Dude. Everyone's so damn self-involved they don't SEE anyone other than themselves. They're blind to everyone around them. What happened, though?

A: I don't know. Maybe every single album in my FB. My friends are dressing more and more minimal with each one that they upload. Uf. Flashing your boobs, thighs and arm pits to the world is NOT okay. Seriously.

Me: I know! I hardly recognize my friends anymore. Nangi aurtein.

A: Weren't we Muslims, Pakistanis? What is this? This isn't who we are... Not our culture. Not us. Its like nothing shocks me anymore. Its so sad. (belatedly realizing my 'nangi aurtein' remark) LMAO. My sentiments exactly... May Allah bless them with modesty and 'baseerat'. We can all have fun without getting naked for the world you know. Its so fickle. All of this.

Me: Agreed. SEE, YOU SHOULD BLOG.

A: Lol. And be labelled a 'mullah'.

Me: Hahahaha, of course not. I'm sure most people will agree with you.

A: =D. Sorry to eat your head. Just peeved.

Me: Haha, don't worry, its all good.

A: Thank you <3

Me: <3. I like talking to you. You don't talk bakwas. You have stuff to say and its fun.

A: =D. So do you. Beneath your apparent pink bubble gum exterior is a very rooted and grounded individual. Yay, we rule so much, I don't think the nanga crowd can take it. Haha =P

Me *horrified and stunned speechless*: ... Pink. And bubble gum?

A: Lol. Yellow. Sunny side up?

Me: *shudder* I hate pink.

A: Hahahaha. I told you, I'm terrible at explaining stuff. Maybe I am synesthetic. I smell sounds and hear colors. Lol.

Me *still stunned speechless*: My God.

*meanwhile, texting Kasana in a panic, hyperventilating at the mention of pink, bubble gum and me in the same sentence*

Me: Am I pink and bubble gum exterior wise?

MK: Mm. More like beige and mint gum.

Me *staring at my cell, completely dumbfounded*: What's that mean?

MK: That means you're not very pop-ish but to a small extent you are.

Me *again shocked speechless*: ... Um.

MK: What???

Me: Is that good or bad? Lol.

MK: Totally okay, man. Why'd ya ask?

Me: A friend said. That I'm pink and bubble gum. *more shudders*

MK: He/she sucks at analyzing.

Me: Hahahaha yay. She hai =P

MK: -high five-

14 comments:

Icannotsing. said...

HAHAHAHAHA. I am mortified.

Icannotsing. said...

MK is mean. Haw haw! Pink isn't all that bad you know. Barbie gives it a bad name though. =P Not my fault!

Ubaid said...

Labels maryam as 'Pinku' hahaha the A girl is smart... And so agree with the nangi aurat thingy! But you ended the post up with the pink thing mostly people will ignore it :)

Kasana needs a reason to say things to people :p

@kasana
You do know that SHE was right about the pink thingy till some extent :)

Icannotsing. said...

Pinku? Oh man. That's radical. =P *gives Maryam a big toothy smile..

Icannotsing. said...

See 'yam. I have support on the 'pink' factor against you. =D Please don't put the bullet to my head now, thank you. Unless it's 'shacking pinak', of course. =P

Maryam said...

I am staring at both of you. With mean, narrowed eyes. Yes.

Ubaid said...

Hahaha, well atleast you have pwetty eyes..... :)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

I get the angry pinkish look from u...

Anonymous said...

STFU ALL OF YOU, INADEQUATE MORTAL COSMIC JOKES CASTED FROM THE DARK SKIES.

She's not pink. She's beige. She's not all hippity hoppity poppity pop. Just because she wears God-awful pink scarves does not necessarily mean she's zomg-pink-on-the-outside. I am correct. You all will shut up now.

Anonymous said...

And, yes, Ubaid, I do fancy retorting to things people say. Now shut up.

I want orange juice.

Maryam said...

I do not even own a pink scarf.

me said...

I have a pink scarf! BABY PINK. the colour I hate the most. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I will like to know how i can get relaible forex trading signals? I've been scammed by many of the so called gurus in this field.
[url=http://engaginggov.net/Comms/HomePage?action=comments]best forex software[/url]

Anonymous said...

Buying memory cards is such a big hassle... You have to search online for prices, sort through which ones are legit, visit a bunch of stores,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then hope that the price doesn't fall in the next month or so.

I've been done in by some ridiculous price drops in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD for my R4 gaming flash card at what I mistakenly assumed was a bargain price, only to later see that it fell $5 in a week's time.

(Posted by PostN3T for R4i Nintendo DS.)