Saturday, August 8, 2009

You Might As Well Know This Now.

This is for all of you.

Yes, I am emotional. Maybe even dramatic at times. Guess what.

I refuse to apologize for that.

Why the hell should I? I don't lie (as far as I know), or cheat, or deliberately hurt people, or steal, or any of the stuff I really should apologize for if I actually did it.

Being emotional, or veering toward emotional extremes and mood fluxes does not make me insane, or a drama queen. It means there's something wrong and that you probably did something to cause it. That's not a claim that I'm never wrong, that its always your fault, but it does mean that I'm not unreasonable. I have reasons for being the way I am. You don't like it, fine. You have a right to feel that way. Just like I have a right to BE that way.

Another thing. Just because I like using proper grammar even while text-ing you does not, I repeat, not make me a snob. It does not mean I'm following this 'trend' of being cool and pretentious.

And the fact that I'm telling you I grew up is not an invitation for you to make a joke out of me. People grow. The better ones do. I do not care if you think that is stupid, but guess what love, it IS true.

That's all. Just had to say. If this makes me sound conceited and snobby... that wasn't my intention.

11 comments:

Ubaid said...

You know what maryam, this was your best post ever, seriously ever... It had something in it, i can't pin point what but there was...

And well, to express doesn't mean that you are pathetic and other crap....

Maryam said...

'It had something in it'?

Meaning all my other posts are, what, meaningless? Wow, UB, thanks =P

PriZm said...

You to realize that an apology to ones self is also a suicide note, don't you ?

Ubaid said...

I said it had SOMETHING in it, and something doesn't always mean that we are regarding as a meaning, i told you i can't explain, may be i can relate to some lines and stuff...

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

YEa same here.. Rock on.. :P

Americanising Desi said...

you sound just the way you should 'Honest'
Keep it going :)

Bless you!

Lioness Without A Pride said...

"Yes, I am emotional. Maybe even dramatic at times."

"Being emotional, or veering toward emotional extremes and mood fluxes does not make me insane, or a drama queen. It means there's something wrong and that you probably did something to cause it."

" ..I like using proper grammar.. "

"And the fact that I'm telling you I grew up is not an invitation for you to make a joke out of me."

Are you SURE you're not me? :|

Although I, unlike you, haven't really said it as it is.
I mainly don't have anyone to say it to, that's why.
And, I don't really SAY stuff - just expect people to understand. Which, again, is my own fault, for I'm so used to understanding other people that I expect them to extend that courtesy to me too. So I can't really complain I don't have anyone to say stuff to.

God, what is even the point of all this? :S I forget.

Nice post, that's what I meant to say.

And, that I relate to you.

Maryam said...

Lioness: I love being quoted, I'm so shallow =D

"And, I don't really SAY stuff - just expect people to understand. Which, again, is my own fault, for I'm so used to understanding other people that I expect them to extend that courtesy to me too."

I could swear to you, that is what I say day in, day out.

AD: *hugs*

UB, Lonely: =)

Lioness Without A Pride said...

I LOVE BEING QUOTED TOO!
WE'RE TWINS YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

High five. Yeh cheez =)

Closed eyes... said...

Awesomeness! That's how one must be.